Sunday, April 27, 2014

Letter to a Friend - Jacaranda in Bloom

I miss you old friend.....hope that you are doing fine? I hope that the universe has been kind to you.

I have been thinking about the different spaces that we occupy. 
I have been thinking and looking at the Jacarandas...thinking about their blossoms. Enjoying the beauty of that deep purple when in full bloom. 
I can not help but notice that different trees have bloomed at different times. As some flowers wither and fall to the ground another one is in full bloom. And am fascinated in exploring how by withering and falling, it sprinkles the earth.  
I try not to step on the fallen flowers. They are still so beautiful, even in that state. Jacaranda trees stand tall all the time. When in bloom and not in bloom. Watching the world. Whispering to the vegetation around them "yes, you show your colours, when I bloom you will notice me"
And notice they do. 
And us souls that feel and experience that deep connection to Mother Nature, we stand in awe. 
As the Jacaranda flourishes our spirits are lifted. 
Our souls experience that deep connection, that beauty, that peace.
I have been thinking about you. 
Our lives. 
Some times, when we feel like we are withering and falling, there is always another one of us, who is standing their ground, defying withering, falling, holding fort for the rest of us.
I have been thinking about you. 
I have been wondering how life is for you. 
Importantly, I yearn for the connection to your soul. 
Our souls that have defied distance. Have defied pain. Have refused to succumb to normal as defined outside of us. 
Our souls that long for laughter and love. 
Our souls that are troubled by stepping on a fallen flower. I long to hear that amazing laugh.
I have been thinking about you. 
I may be traveling. To that space that I occupied for only a short time. 
I place that I bid farewell to. 
I am going under very different circumstances. 
I am conflicted. Yet I know, there are ghosts there to exorcise. A level of closure required of me. 
Maybe then my soul can soar. I am finding support here. Love even.
I have been thinking about you. 
I love you.
I am still (t)here. I never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment