Monday, December 22, 2014

Letter to a Friend - Surrender

I feel an urge to write you some thing this morning. I am not sure what my soul wants to tell you I guess my soul is looking for a reconnection to your soul.
Some how, I know your journey. There is some thing awfully familiar about where you are A certain "lost-and-founddeness" of it. As if where you are is a place that I occupied not too long ago.
There is a certain freedom in being lost. Without the expectation of being found. When lost in you and dawning of you That being found shall be done by you You lost yourself and so you have to find yourself
A kind of an internal pilgrimage that is difficult to share A kind of journey that may seem lonely, hurtful, As if it is an act of betrayal by the universe and the angels Why should I be surrounded by all this beauty Physically embracing and being embraced by all these souls And yet, I have to be on this pilgrimage alone?
"Father, why hast thou forsaken me"
But, You understand that this bit of the journey is yours alone You have to undertake by yourself You have to go through this cave, this pain, this struggle, this realisation You have to experience the loneliness, the insults, the jabs at your ribcage You have to overcome your embarrassment, You have to deal with vulnerability of nakedness You have to come to terms with you You have to surrender ultimately to YOU. You utter "Thy will be done"
Complete surrender, To your spirit, To your soul.
Life takes on a whole meaning, a purpose As celestial powers rebuild you brick by brick. The warmth of the sun on your face comes as a surprise Like you are newly born The deliberate re-ignition of your kindred spirit The re-kindling of life and love
It is the most beautiful time of the year for me Remember, "You can not look at the colour purple and not marvel at the greatness of God" Remember to look Remember to marvel Remember to smell the flowers Remember to breathe In the end, it may be the only thing that will keep you alive That, and hope that "this too shall pass"
I love you I am still (t)here I never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment