Monday, October 27, 2014

Scared of my vulnerability?

It is not my vulnerability that you fear.
It is the courage in the midst of unabashed vulnerability.
You can not bear it. You can not fathom it. You can not comprehend it. You think I am insane.

You stand there and wonder
How does he do it? Faced by all these odds, how does he do it?"
How does he maintain a smile on his face?
Why does he bother to wake up in the morning
To wash his face, have a cup of coffee
Dress up and walk out the front door of his house with his head held high?

How, why?
Why will he not give in? Succumb.
Join us.
After all, if you can not beat them join them, is that not what it says?
On this side, we don't ask questions
Our bubble is not burst, we don't think it will be burst.
We are not going to burst. This. Our bubble.
It is comfortable here. There is no looking over your shoulder
There is no suspicion when something does not work
Over here, mundane and mediocre is celebrated.
Why would I want to invent when I can copycat?
Why would I want to think outside this bubble and ruin it for myself. For all of us.
Why would I want to give up my aspirations
The dreams and hopes of winning "Best CopyCat Person of the Year" award?
Why?

I am not here to tell you why
I am not here to answer to your "how?"
I am not here to respond to your myopia
I refuse to lower my intellect and deal with your self-centered bubble
I will not be the champion for your narcissistic tendencies
Your mundane and mediocre
I will not allow you to lure me with promises of comfort and joy
I will stand my ground.

You see,
It is due to my vulnerability that your bubble exists
It is because of my courage that your bubble has not exploded
It is because of my insanity that you have something to copycat
It is because of my stubbornness that air is sustained in your bubble
I am recalcitrant
I will ask questions
I will uncloth.
Reveal my nakedness
Bring to shame everything

I will stand
I will keep still
I will confuse you
I will shame you
I will make you scared of me
I will not be shaken

I am here
I am of here
I am for here
I am with here
I am.
Because you are
My vulnerability is yours
I am here.
I am here.


No comments:

Post a Comment