Tuesday, July 02, 2019

What is Heartbreak?



I keep coming back to this space. 
To this place. 
Longing.
Yearning. 
To be fought for. 
To be earned. 
My language of love is giving. Service. Generosity. 
No lengths I will not go to, to give. Provide. Share. Embrace. 
Perhaps a misguided level of vulnerability. 

Unrequited.


I want to be loved to the core. 
I want to be imbued with your essence. 
Everything that you have and everything that you are.
I want not just a physical attraction.
I demand spiritual, emotional, psychological connection.
I want to feel your breath in the very core of me.
I want to feel your touch in my blood.
I want to be loved wholesomely.
The good, the bad, the ugly, the unthinkable.

I want to be earned.
Fight for me in the manner that fire consumes dry wood. 
Fight for me with purpose. 
Fight for my/our desires.
Fight for our aspirations. Our purpose. 
Fight for our togetherness and connectedness. 

Earn me. 


Because I am worthy.
Not just of you. 
I am worthy of me.
I am worthy of being earned. 
I have value.
For you, for me and for us. 

When you fight for me, you demonstrate to me that I am valuable.
Being by your side means every thing.
You see, feel, smell, touch the intrinsic value of my beingness.

Or else my heart will break

Heartbreak is not just a separation.
Heartbreak isn’t just ‘breaking up’ of promises, dreams and aspirations.
Heartbreak is love “unfought for!”
Heartbreak is not being fought for. Impliedly saying to me, I am not worthy. Valuable.
Heartbreak is disappointment
Heartbreak is zero returns on a very high investment.
Heartbreak is picking up the pieces, piecing them back together. As best as you can
Heartbreak is knowing your value. And knowing, it wasn't fought for!

No comments:

Post a Comment