Friday, January 18, 2013

Today is My Birthday


Today marks the beginning of my 38th year on earth. I am thankful for all of it. I am thank ful for you. I remember many other birthdays where we danced, we talked, laughed, ate together and had a good old time. I treasure those moment. I treasure the moments like those. Yes, I am growing old and moments like those are quite some thing to hold on to. 

I have learnt not to take those moments for granted
I have learnt the importance of now. The present that is the being present
I have learnt that if you need to explain some thing, there may be an inauthenticity. Most times authenticity needs no explaining
I have learnt to love. To simply love and to let people know that I love them. 
I have learnt to love and not expect to be loved back. 
I have learnt that people love you. In their own way and expression, they love you. You learn to take that and cherish it. 
I have learnt that family is more than a blood connection. Family chooses you. 
I have learnt it is never too late to pursue that which makes you happy. 
You have taught me, it is possible. All of it. It is possible. 
I am learning the power of solitude. In those moments, the spirit rejuvenates. 
I am learning No! I am learning how to accept No, how to say No, and how to live within the possibilities that No provides. 
I am learning simplicity. Keeping it simple. Not to expect too much. Instead expect the best of and from every one. 
I have learnt and continue to learn. The Universe will always take care of its own. I appreciate the universe. I take care of it. 

The sunrise this morning is amazing. The sky is ablaze! I am watching that now as I type this. 

Thank you all for loving me. For being in my life, for being you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment