Friday, January 13, 2017

Overwhelm

Do I overwhelm you?

Do I?

My quirks, spontaneity, dreaminess of and for life?
Does this overwhelm?

Am I a monster to be broken
Subdued, subjugated, made subordinate?
Conquered, vanquished and brought to its knees

Or,

An adventurer
Always looking for the next venture
Uneasy if tamed or domesticated
The one you have yearned for
To take you to far away places
And yet,
I scare you and overwhelm you...?

This is new for you
I can tell.
From the way you deeply inhale while I dream
I hope you dont wonder,
"Why is he with me?"
"Why does he stay?"

Hope you know
I wonder too...
Why am I here, with you?
What fate brought us together
I do this in the middle of my dreaming
of the next adventure

It may seem like I always know
What the adventure will bring
It wouldn't be an adventure if I knew, would it?

Confidence is a facade
Butterflies flutter in my tummy
Throat dries
Muscles weaken
I never know what the next adventure will be
Maybe this is the adventure

Do I overwhelm you?
I overwhelm myself.....sometimes

No comments:

Post a Comment