Wednesday, June 21, 2017

She Called Me

She called me.
It was late afternoon/early evening
I was at home.
During that time, unbeknownst to myself, I had become dull.
Borderline depressed.
My soul longing for an anchor. 

The cyclone-like uprooting of the previous 3 years had left fractures, wounds and holes.
Some were healing
Others still bleeding, 3 years later
Others gaping open. Silently.
Looking like the mouth of a tunnel before a speeding train comes rushing through
Leaving behind smoke. Noise. Vibrations.

Where there were roots once
Was a desolate field of unrequited love
Torn dreams, unfulfilled desires and an unhinged soul.
Remnants of a battle field
Of love won. And lost.

She called me
That late afternoon.
She was crying. And I sat to listen.
My battlefield blacked out from my mind
Gaping holes, fractures, aches, pains and longings forgotten
I listened.

She cried for love. Longing
The winds that wrecked havoc in my life
Had swung suddenly. Violently. Intentionally targeting her.
The rain had already started
And while she loved to dance in the rain
She could not
Not with this rain.
She knew. This rain will burn, acid.
When the first wisps of the wind touched her skin
She called me.

And we cried
Her in the pain of now.
I cried for all I had left and lost in the battlefield.
She cried for belonging
I cried for re-membering
She cried for understanding
I longed for memories
Our susceptible naïve souls knew what it was to know love.
We cried for love.
Love {ukn}won.
Love lost

At the end of the conversation she said,
My back is wet. From the dew I have been lying on.
I had forgotten how beautiful grass smells
When warmed by the body
I have forgotten
What it is like, not to be in battle.

Maybe I will call her.


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment