Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Keep Going



Do you sometimes feel like you are just a person that no-one bothers to try and understand?
Do you sometimes feel like the smiles and the reassuring nods from people are just a way to make you get out of their way??
Do you ever feel like there is sooo much you can do and yet do not know how to start?
Is it me, or does life give you on one hand, while taking away with the other?

I am a young man. I am on the path of discovering what it is that i truly want to do with my life, now.
I have a confidence that i can be all that i can be.
But yet, it seems that the all - important break that i need from life is never coming. If i make that break myself, then will it be a break?
If i create the chance or the opportunity, will it truly be an opportunity or will it be yet another hussle and pain that i have to go thru to get what i want?
When i get something that feels soo good and perfect and comes mighty close to what i really want for my life, it comes with burdens, luggage and always with strings attached.
I then have to fight to keep it.
Do i want that?
Do i want to have to fight to keep that which i think will be good for me?

It is like i am in a battle field.
The kind where you think that you have floored your enemy, only for something else to emerge.
Some times, the same old thing that will not go away
Some times, bigger, more menacing, more lethal, seemingly indefatigable.
And the fight begins all over again.

I walk, i wander, i run, i crawl, and never seeing a place to put my weary limbs.
If i could only close my eyes for a minute
If i could only truly abandon the battle field
If i could only find solace that tomorrow will be a better day.

I keep going.
If i could only.........

No comments:

Post a Comment